Position Available: Full-Time Strategic Planning Consultant/Potential Executive Director
Full-Time Strategic Planning Consultant/Potential Executive Director
Take-charge visionary sought to develop strategic action plan for national advocacy organization rooted in education and civil rights issues as its current leadership heads toward retirement. Our ideal candidate will have the desire to succeed the outgoing executive director.
Founded in 1985, the National Center for Fair & Open Testing, Inc. (FairTest) systematically advances quality education and equal opportunity by promoting fair, open, and beneficial evaluations of pre-school through university students, educators and schools. Candidates are encouraged to visit http//www.fairtest.org for additional information about FairTest's programs.
While the strategic planning process is underway, the current Executive Director, who retires in 2018, will continue to lead the organization. Our successful candidate's sole responsibility will be developing a viable strategic plan to guide FairTest’s future direction and ensure its long-term vigor. We anticipate that this process will require significant engagement with FairTest’s board, staff and other key stakeholders.
Qualifications include the following:
- A deep commitment to social justice, particularly to educational equity and excellence
- A creative thinking and problem-solving mindset
- Excellent analytical and communication (written, oral, and listening) abilities, coupled with strong research skills
- The capacity to work collaboratively, as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to conduct successful strategic planning, organizational development, and/or advocacy/organizing work
- Experience in civil rights or education reform is strongly desirable, as is familiarity with specific issues surrounding testing and evaluation, but are not prerequisites for this position.
Location: While FairTest is currently headquartered in Boston, this position can be based anywhere in the U.S., as long as the candidate can travel.
Application deadline: None. Applications will be accepted until hire is made.
Starting date: Flexible, but preferably before June 2017.
Compensation: Initially, at an annual rate of $75,000 to $100,000, depending on experience.
To apply: Send cover letter/resume to FairTest Board Chair Dr. Sophie Sa,
-- FairTest is an Equal Opportunity employer --
- Public School
- College Admissions
- Fact Sheets
- Act Now
- Other Resources